Temptation. Behaviors. Deeper

"Every temptation to sin is, in the moment, a temptation to disbelieve the gospel-
the temptation to secure for ourselves in that moment
something we think we need
in order to be happy,
something we don’t yet have: meaning, freedom, validation, and so on.

Bad behavior happens
when we fail to believe
that everything we need,
in Christ we already have...
when we fail to believe
in the rich provisional resources
that are already ours in the gospel.

Conversely, good behavior happens when we
daily rest in and receive
the finished work of Christ
in deeper and deeper ways,
smashing any sense of need to secure for ourselves
anything beyond what Christ has already secured for us."
-Tullian Tchividjian, Jesus + Nothing = Everything

(Thanks to Katie Orr, for sharing this quote on Do Not Depart!)

Abba God, thank You for always providing all that we need in Christ Jesus. I ask that You convict me each time I'm tempted to doubt. I often get tired of waiting on You to do what only You can. However, You do know best. You love me more than I have loved myself. I know Jesus has called me to choose DAILY to trust You for all my needs. Thank You for continually training me and directing my paths... reminding me of truth. May others see You in me & may all the glory go to You! In Jesus' name...

No comments :

Post a Comment