Jesus, be my everything...

I’ve endured much heartbreak (haven't we all?), sometimes because relationships are messy and can hurt. However, most of my heartache before my 30s stemmed from trying to win people's approval. I thought my existence was to please people and make their lives happy. Oh, the pieces of life's puzzles that kids put together...(sigh) 
Simply put, I did not grasp this truth:
Jesus is my everything.
Don’t get me wrong. I absolutely love “my people.” They cheer me on, pray for me, love me – as I am. My friends and I have faced some “trust-building stressors” (as each relationship does – it’s healthy!), and we’ve come through to the other side. All of my relationships are where they are today BECAUSE OF JESUS BEING FIRST in those relationships. We’ve made it clear to each other, by our lives and our conversations that JESUS is first, everything and everyone else comes after Him. When He is first, all differences can be overlooked - and confrontations are seen as loving concern because HIS love is the common bond. He is the reconciliation – not just to God, but also to people.
Abba, Am I avoiding a friendship that you want to forge, one that’s currently out of my comfort zone? Give me courage to walk in faith, as I offer sisters the opportunity to know my heart. Sometimes I fear hurt and ask for your protection; you know what’s best. Help me derive all my sufficiency, adequacy, and completeness from Jesus – not people. Thank you for your love and assurance. You are my God, and I earnestly seek you. I praise you – there is no one like you. And no one like my sweet Jesus! In His name…  

No comments :

Post a Comment