The Story of the Warrior Princess

"I have been crucified with Christ; and it is no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me; and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave Himself up for me." - Galatians 2:20 [We’ll be staying on this verse a few days. There’s so much to dwell on here.]
It calls the Warrior Princess to actions which I don’t like to think about.
Crucified? Sounds painful.
No longer I who live? Ok, that’s just crazy talk. I’m uncomfortable and nervous. What about my desires, dreams, friends and family? My money? My talents? My time? My hurts and fears?
Everything??? Yes, everything. A Warrior Princess of the Most High Kingdom must give up all of her rights. She has no other option.
Why? Maybe you know her story, for it is the story of all Warrior Princesses.
RosesAndRhinos.blogspot.comThere once was a slave girl who struggled through each day. The details are blurry now, but her life was horrible. There was no love, only hardship and selfishness. She knew that there was something more. She dreamed of a knight who would come for her and set her free.
While she went on with her chores one especially dreary day, her knight in shining armor had come, hidden in plain view and humble. He came just for her, entering the earthly kingdom, to fight and die for her. When it was time, he died for her and many other captives. It seemed all was lost.
In three days, he came back to life and she was overcome with joy, for her knight had come for her! All the hopes and dreams … Her knight really had come! He gave her great gifts: cancelled debts, royal status, great strength, an advisor with wisdom incomprehensible to the slaves of this world. Yes ladies, he also provided her with a bath, beautiful clothing, and sparkling jewels (a reminder to always shine for her knight).
Shortly after they met, he told her he had to leave, for business in the heavenly kingdom and to prepare their home so they could wed. As she waits for her knight, she is not idle. As a Warrior Princess in training, she devotes her love and life to The Knight daily. She prepares and fights valiantly. She learns from her knight's love letters, daily calls her lover's father (now also her father), and seeks wisdom from the Counselor.
Her lover and friend will return for her. She will be ready. And they will live happily ever after. 
Isn't that my story? Your story? Jesus came and died for us, that we could live an abundant life. We must continue to leave what we knew and what the earthly kingdom tells us we need. We must not be distracted from our Knight's call. We must stay focused at all costs. We have different roles while we wait but have the same call to die to the stuff of earth (including our selfish desires) and to live a holy life. 
Today’s verses:
Father, Thank you for sending my knight in shining armor, for cancelling my debt, and making me a beautiful Warrior Princess. Teach me as I prepare for Jesus’ return. Give me strength in each battle I face, standing firm in the faith. Teach me to live the abundant life Jesus promised. Give me eyes to see your vision for my Warrior Princess life. Show me what I must give up. I kneel myself before you, with my hand on my pink sword, and devote my life and love to Jesus today. In Jesus' name… 





No comments :

Post a Comment