Fill 'er up, to overflowing!

I love, LOVE, L.O.V.E. Romans. Powerful truth-packing punches taking out those deceptive lies I’ve believed way too long. (Yay Abba!)

Abba, you are so good and faithful! I’m here because I want to be like Jesus. Unveil my mind & untangle my heart so I can receive the truth you are teaching me today, as well as your love. In his name….
  
“Now to the one who works, his wage is not credited as a favor, but as what is due. But to the one who does not work, but believes in Him who justifies the ungodly, his faith is credited as righteousness, - Romans 4:4-5

Don’t believe = lifelong obligation to work in vain.  (1 Corinthians 3:10-15)
BELIEVE = righteousness.

Yep, that's my AHA moment for today. I know, it's so amazingly simple, humbling, and to the point. So, I'm incredibly ashamed to admit that I waste an incredible amount of time and energy by condemning myself for my lack - nearly daily. Yikes!  
  
My worth is measured by one thing only.
FAITH
My worth is NOT equal to the tasks I do.

Only in JESUS am I anything good! I cannot boast in my best days, nor tear myself apart on the worst days. So I can admit loudly: YES, I fall short of perfection. HOWEVER, I believe in JESUS, and through the power of HIS blood, HE made me right with God. 

Abba God, you are so much stronger and able that I give you credit for! I hear what you’re teaching me, and say “I believe! Help me in my unbelief!” Plant this truth deeply in my soul.  I trust  YOU to: guide me in the way I'm to live, show me the work I am to do, help me say “No” when appropriate. Thank you for assuring me of the strong bond that Jesus’ blood has on me. Impenetrable. Beautiful! Powerful. Worth more than I can comprehend. In Jesus' name...  

No comments :

Post a Comment