Anxiety's enemy? God's consolations which delight my soul!


When my anxious thoughts multiply within me,
Your consolations delight my soul. – Ps 94:19, NASB

But the Lord has been my stronghold,
And my God the rock of my refuge.
He has brought back their wickedness upon them
And will destroy them in their evil;
The Lord our God will destroy them. – Ps 94:22-23, NASB

Abba God, there are times when my soul is so distraught that I do not know how to pray or what to do. Sometimes I feel so alone and wonder where You are. 

In Psalm 94, You remind me of sweet truths: 
You have been my faithful stronghold.
You are the rock of my refuge.
You defend me from - and destroy - those enemies I cannot fight in my own strength.

You have been faithful to me and sustained me - through all of my choices, my fears, my doubts, struggles, etc. You have saved me from sin and death. You promised to never leave me, and yet there are times when I feel so lonely. What then, Father?  Oh, Father! Increase my faith and strengthen my resolve to trust You when I  feel abandoned or unable to cling to truth. I cannot fight alone, but I want so much to glorify You and delight You! 

I praise You, even in the hard times. I don’t understand, but I make the choice to put my hope in You. One day all will bow their knee before You, and I have full assurance that my enemies (seen or unseen) will not prevail; in the end You will vindicate your own. Help me as I wait for what I cannot see. Remind me of your deep love and constant companionship. Give me strength to persevere today. Open my eyes to see how You are helping me in my weakness. Have mercy and compassion on me in my unbelief, remembering I'm merely human - walking clay that only breathes because You have put life into my frame. I submit to You once again, and choose to put my trust in the One who died for me. Help me understand what sufficient grace means, and to take delight in your consolations when anxiety threatens to choke all hope. In the name of my Mighty Warrior Prince Jesus I pray…

No comments :

Post a Comment