He meets us!!!

I've been reading through the Gospels chronologically. Following Jesus' resurrection, I have been captivated by the reactions of the followers of Jesus.

Wanna know what hit me today, in John 20?  

We ALL struggle with doubt. We ALL need God's help to believe. 
...and...
HE meets us all in different ways. 


Jesus met Mary in the garden. He opened the eyes and minds of two men on a journey. He showed up more than once to some (on the beach; in locked rooms). He gave Thomas hands-on evidence without condemnation. 

They all had doubts and were definitely struggling. They would've been asking questions and searching Scriptures... 

How could this be??? 
What now??? 
Does everything we've done mean nothing? 
Has life been a lie?

I know... What we face can't compare to that situation. [I can hear your "Yeah, but!"] 

Was your world ever turned upside down? 
Your dreams crushed? 
Heart broken? 
Faith in someone you trusted obliterated? 
Has life turned out the way you expected?
Have you ever done something You knew God wanted you to, only to despair at the results?

Have you questioned God's presence, faithfulness? 
Where ARE You, God?
When will You help me? 
Have You left for good? 

How could this be? 
What now? 
Does everything we've done mean nothing? 
Has life been a lie?

Please God, I need You. 
I don't understand. 
I did what I was so sure You wanted me to do, but this isn't where I thought the path would lead. 
Did I miss something? Did I miss You?

The same basic faith versus doubt struggle exists in all of us.

And HE STILL MEETS US.
Where we are.
He never left.

Ever wonder why Jesus waited so long to show up to Thomas? I sure have. Maybe the wait revealed to Thomas the depth of his doubt-or some other issue he needed to work through. We don't know. Jesus knew how long to wait before showing up to Thomas... And He knows when to minister to us.

Praise be to God that we don't have to stay in the rut of human doubt. That He helps us and increases our faith! That even through our questions, He can bring us to place where:

...we are taking every thought captive to the obedience of Christ, (2 Corinthians 10:5 NASB)

Abba God, You know we struggle to believe. You aren't shocked by this. [I'm so glad!!] Help us honestly acknowledge our doubts; help us in our unbelief. Open our eyes to see You - don't let us miss You. Father, I also ask that You show us specifically how to encourage each other. Thanks for loving me, for meeting me, for never condemning me, and for sharing who You are with me... Your creativity and faithfulness is great. You amaze me. I love You so much. In Jesus' name...

No comments :

Post a Comment