Until We Meet Again, Dear Sister

sweet friend from church died last night. Cancer. She had grace and one of the sweetest smiles. I treasure the hug she went out of her way to give me a month ago. I wonder if she knew that her health was failing. 

That was the last I saw her. 

I didn't know her well; she was one of those sisters for whom I had a deep respect and love. I'm glad she is with Jesus; heart broken for her family. 

I'm glad we'll meet again, Holly. While I wished we could have know each other better, you sure did leave a lasting impression in my heart. It was so obvious that you loved your family deeply; loved Jesus even more. I look forward to the next time we see each other. So glad that we will.

Abba God, grant Holly's family & friends comfort and strength. Help us to live fully for You while we have breath, "having put on the breastplate of faith and love, and as a helmet, the hope of salvation. For [You have] not destined us for wrath, but for obtaining salvation through our Lord Jesus Christ, who died for us, so that whether we are awake or asleep, we will live together with Him. [Let us strongly] Therefore encourage one another and build up one another, just as [we] also are doing.” in Jesus' powerful name, and for Your glory, with the desire that all would know Your kindness and grace while they have breath. Amen.
(1 Thessalonians 5:8-11 NASB)
http://bible.com/100/1th.5.8-11.nasb

No comments :

Post a Comment