Desperate. Hopeful.

2011 was TOUGH = deeper faith + stronger resolve. 
2012 = continued goals + vibrant hopes. 
I'm not a resolution girl, but I am daily forward-thinking. It's a blessing & troublesome trait.  

When I'm focused on Jesus, I can keep the past/present/future in proper perspective... and it's as if I'm walking on water like Peter in Matthew 14:26-33, NASB

The trouble comes when I find myself consistently focusing on ME. That's why so much of 2011, I found myself identifying with Sinking Peter as I cried out, "Lord! SAVE ME!!!" 

I don't want to live like that anymore. I don't want to sinfully focus on ME. The abundant living that Abba calls us to is much different than how I've been living. Surely, in any storm, walking on water with Jesus is less  tiresome than thrashing with crazy fear gripping your heart. 

I imagine Peter woke up the next morning, resolving to believe better. I know I do. I desperately long to walk in faith daily, being fully convinced that my Abba IS helping me: to love like Jesus, to live abundantly (with joy & hope), and to do the good works HE wants me to do. 

So, this year, my top daily goal is summed up in this equation: 
Each day + focus on Jesus = love + abundant life + EVERYTHING ABBA has planned for me.

Don't you find it interesting that Peter didn't ask Jesus to stop the storm before calling him out? What in the world was he thinking??? I wonder if he instinctively knew that being WITH Jesus in the middle of the storm is so much better than in our own?

Abba, I'm so glad you tell us Peter's story. You give me hope as I remember that he was molded  from weakness and flippancy into the strong, immovable rock of the church. His letters reflect a strong confidence in the power of Christ Jesus - to save and to change us. Thank you. I do believe, Abba. Help me in my unbelief... to believe and to focus on JESUS. In HIS name... 

Thanks & credit to Do Not Depart for the recent "Believing Better" series, which has greatly encouraged me and challenged me to persevere. Believing Better Series, on Do Not Depart

No comments :

Post a Comment