I have a truth button, and I’m activating it!

Remember the StaplesR “That was easy” button? I decided to tweak their idea. Yup. I’m making a Truth Button for myself. When the lies fly, I can push my handy Truth Button and say “Aha! [insert a truth from God’s Word here]!”

Hopefully I won't too quickly assume a swordsman pose, thereby scaring anyone in proximity (WalMart, here I come. Ha!). Maybe tomorrow those big ol' lies will whimper, “Oh no! She has a truth button and she’s not afraid to use it!” Or not.  Hey. It’s worth a try, isn’t it? 

I have a truth button, and I’m activating it!

Ok, so it may sound a bit silly, but who cares? Tangible tools can be very helpful.

So, what Truth Button statement can I make today each time I start to feel overwhelmed, fearful, or fried?


Aha! The truth of the matter is...
~ God’s for me, not against me! No weapon formed against me will prosper because He is my Defender!
~ Abba God created me; I'm His workmanship! He'll provide what I need to do what needs to be done.
~ I can choose, as Jairus did, to "Don't be afraid; just believe." (Mark 5:36) I'm not controlled by these emotions or circumstances! What small step of faith can I take right now to show trust that God's Holy Spirit is here with me now? 

Abba God, thank You so much for giving me truth to anchor to, for making me complete in Christ Jesus, and for molding me into the piece of work You intended to make me into.  It's so reassuring to know that You gave me truth to read and cling to, that truth matters, and that truth is powerful. Help me continue to get stronger as I learn to use my “Truth Button.”  In Jesus' name... 

No comments :

Post a Comment