You have been on His mind for so long, sweet be-loved sister.

He chose you in love, knowing full-well who you were (and what you’ve done), so that when the time was right (while you were still sinning) He would set you apart from the world, removing all sin stain and blemish. You see, YOU have been on His mind for so long, sweet be-loved sister.
 We praise (from a Greek word that means “to speak well of”) God because He has given us ALL spiritual benefits. We’re seated with our Jesus in heavenly places, we’ve become ROYALTY, we have a family (we belong!), we have a beautiful new identity (leave that past behind!), we have His Spirit as a counselor (best ever!), freedom (no condemnation!) and so much more. God is so kind and full of grace; He freely gave us EVERY spiritual blessing. It’s done. We have it. We have what we need; now we lean on God and trust Him to finish what He’s started.

"Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who has blessed us with every spiritual blessing in the heavenly places in Christ, just as He chose us in Him before the foundation of the world, that we would be holy and blameless before Him. In love He predestined us to adoption as sons through Jesus Christ to Himself, according to the kind intention of His will, to the praise of the glory of His grace, which He freely bestowed on us in the Beloved." -- Ephesians 1:3-6

Yes, the more we understand the depth of our Abba’s kind intentions and actions toward us, the more we speak well of the One who’s shown us grace upon grace.

I don't know about you, but sometimes I am afraid to believe that these matters are really true. What if I get all excited about it, then find out they were lies?  Well, that's why we study Scripture. Don't believe me! Like you, I'm only walking clay whom God's given breath. 

Let's look at our model… Jesus, in His weakness – frail humanity - leaned on God’s power and love. Did Abba show grace to Jesus during those long nights of crying out loudly in prayer? Did Abba refresh Jesus' weary soul? Who gave Jesus the power to save the lost, heal the sick, and raise the dead? Jesus knew every spiritual benefit was given to Him, and relied fully on Abba to be his Strength. And we know that God was pleased with His Son, because God said so. It is no different with us.

Just as deeply as God the Father love His Son - that is how much He loves you.
The spiritual benefits which Abba has given Jesus – we have also been given, too. Don’t believe me? What does it mean then, “every spiritual blessing in the heavenly places in Christ”?

Wow. Let’s receive His love and spiritual blessings today, walking in HIS strength as we speak well of Him.

Abba, I am in awe of you. Your love is so great, more than I can accept some days. Your grace is beyond comprehension, but sadly I admit that some days I take your love and grace for granted. I forget how much you’ve done for me. Not today. I choose today to remember. I am indebted to you, and offer my life up to you as a living sacrifice. I surrender all I am and have to you. Cause me to become more tender toward you each day, and to abide more in the Vine so that I may become more like Jesus… You’ve made me in His image, and I know you will finish what you’ve begun. Thank you for all the spiritual benefits you’ve given me: fruit of the Spirit, salvation, forgiveness, and most of all to KNOW YOU. What privileges you have given me! Teach me to walk in your ways. I love you. In Jesus’ name… 

No comments :

Post a Comment