Confidence in The Lord = Joy

Remember contrast charts in school?
This contrast stood out to me in a big way today.

This is what the Lord says: “Cursed is the one who trusts in man, who depends on flesh for his strength and whose heart turns away from the Lord.
He will be like a bush in the wastelands; he will not see prosperity when it comes.
He will dwell in the parched places of the desert, in a salt land where no one lives. [1]

“But blessed is the man who trusts in the Lord, whose confidence is in him.
He will be like a tree planted by the water that sends out its roots by the stream.
It does not fear when heat comes; its leaves are always green.
It has no worries in a year of drought and never fails to bear fruit.”  Jeremiah 17:5-8

Do I act more like the cursed man or the blessed man (blessed here means “how happy!”)?   
Do I make moment-to-moment choices to trust in God, that He is working out everything to my good?
Am I acting like I’m confident in HIM (instead of man – instead of MYSELF)?
Do I choose to act happy, focusing on what God the Father, Son, and Spirit have done / are doing / will do?

Oh, Abba, how quickly I forget that You are for me. You have blessed me so many times that I act like a spoiled brat who has everything – instead of being grateful. Even though last week was Thanksgiving! I’m so sorry. I ask for your forgiveness, and thank you for it. I choose (once again) to turn away from trusting in myself – and other people. I surrender to you, Abba, and your will. May your will be done in my life. May I learn daily to have full confidence in you… that YOU ARE WHO YOU SAY YOU ARE, and YOU WILL DO WHAT YOU SAID YOU WILL DO! Give me courage to be thankful - and choose to show happiness instead of grumpiness when things don't go my way. Remind me of all those spiritual blessings you've given me. Thank you for your faithfulness. In Jesus’ name…   

No comments :

Post a Comment