Just some guy.

Remember Barak? The one in the Bible, whom Deborah told to fight Sisera?
Just some guy. With doubts and fears.

A few decades later, God calls Gideon.
Just some guy. With doubts and fears.

God works in and through the lives of common, broken "just a guy" (and "just a gal").
I don't know about you, but I needed that reminder! 

Father God, thank You for giving us the training and tools to do the work You call us to do! I am "just a guy/gal" and I am so thankful that You are with me in my daily training, as well as the big battles. Increase my faith in You, in Jesus. Greater is He who is in me, than he that is in the world. You are at work in us and You are reconciling others to Jesus through us. Love and speak through us, Father. Show me what You want me to do today. In Jesus' name.

Barak's story can be read in Judges 4-5.  

No comments :

Post a Comment