Take heart, dear sister, for we have this assurance! (3)

I wonder if Elizabeth and Zacharias were still earnestly praying for a child up to the day that Gabriel came with God’s message. Had they given up praying for children or had they kept praying into their old age?
 
We aren’t told. We’re only told that his prayer had been answered – in a BIG way. 

Abba knows that waiting is important in our journey as His children, and He knows when the right time is to answer our prayers.
 

God does really answers our prayers! 

“The earnest (heartfelt, continued) prayer of a righteous man makes tremendous power available [dynamic in its working].” – James 5:16, AMP
God does answer our prayers. In ways we can’t imagine. Hope is worth keeping. Prayers – BIG and small – are worth praying. 

Abba God, thank You for teaching me to pray big and keep on praying. You are so faithful to correct me when I need to pray differently, so I don’t need to worry about how I pray as long as I’m seeking YOU above all else. As I wait for answers, create in me a clean heart and fill with me with a desire to love You more. Protect me from disappointment by renewing my heart and mind with truth of Your goodness and faithfulness. Thank You for hearing my prayers before Your throne and promising to answer “Yes” in Christ Jesus. It’s in His name I pray… 

No comments :

Post a Comment