Thankful in my weakness

And He has said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for power is perfected in weakness." Most gladly, therefore, I will rather boast about my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ may dwell in me. (2 Corinthians 12:9 NASB)

We humans like control.
Circumstances. People. God.

Control doesn't work. 
That's good!

Our Father is gracious...
*to limit our control. Nothing is ours to begin with.
*to give us weaknesses. We learn to lean on His grace (instead of reverting to works; The Law)

Precious gifts to remind us who He is and who we are.

Our Father is good...
*to give grace. We don't deserve it. Yet it's 100% enough!
*to perfect HIS power. Our weaknesses are highlighters, pointing others to Christ. He works out some crazy good in our big messes. He is The Master Artist; nothing wasted and no mistakes! 

Dear Abba God, how good and gracious You are to provide ALL I need and prove yourself through my weakness. Show me the benefit of casting all my cares to You (instead of trying desperately to control). Shine brightly through me, pointing others to Jesus. I'm in awe that You chose to work in and through me, even though I'm considered insignificant, foolish. Yet in Christ, You have highly favored and esteemed me! You cherish me! Help me cling to these truths and be grateful. Father, thanks for loving me enough to bless me with weakness so I may not stray, but instead draw closer to You. You are precious to me. In Jesus' name...

No comments :

Post a Comment