Lowly and yet... A Holy Star

Are you a millionaire? 
Do you have influence over thousands (media, athletes, national leaders...)?
Are you friends with the influential (Oprah, Donald Trump...)? 


Most of us aren't any of the above. Most of us are, shall we say, "creatively" making ends meet. 
We aren't "stars", you know... 

Or are we? 
I remember a story about a lowly baby, born into poverty to a young girl who wasn't even married yet. How scandalous! I'm sure many looked on her with shame, pointing and jeering. Her fiance was just a hard-working carpenter. No great money or prestige in that occupation. They were a simple family, unknown to the influential, but WOW! What an impact they all made. 


They lived simple, humble lives, in obedience to Jehovah. Joseph did. Mary did. Jesus did. I can't speak for you, but I know that I want to be obedient to Abba - even though I sometimes fail. I forget, I stumble... 


But to "finish the sentence," I choose to trust that God has given me a role in His kingdom. When I seek Him (and His righteousness), HE will finish what HE started in me. I'll see more of Christ revealed to and through me. We (Christ in us) can and will make an impact through our "lowly lives" as we seek Him.  


So, am I a star? Not by the world's standards... 1 Corinthians 1:26-2:10
Still, I remember, a night long ago when a man looked up in the nighttime sky and saw how many descendants he'd have... One of those stars was made for me. 


So, start celebrating! You are lowly and holy. Just like Jesus!
Abba, you are so kind. Thank you for choosing a poor family for Jesus to be born into. Thank you for allowing him - your son - to understand and sympathize with us on so many levels! Thank you for putting a star in the sky for me. Thank you for changing me in your perfect love, and for using me in my role to touch others' lives. Thank you for making us lowly and holy. We are yours, precious Abba. May your will be done in our lives - on earth as it is in heaven. In Jesus' name... 

No comments :

Post a Comment