Inadequate? Yes I am, but...

I have been thinking about blogging for 1 year & 20 days. Wondering how I know? I found my first rough draft dated October 1st, 2010. The topic? Inadequacy. I still struggle with it, and I think I'm glad I do. Being "a mess" has caused me to lean on Christ Jesus more than I might otherwise.



Still, I must admit that the thought of blogging is still a bit overwhelming.
There's one reason that gives me courage to take the risk of being embarrassed by my ramblings. I was condemned to die for hideous crimes. A man chose to courageously and shamefully take my place. He gave me the opportunity to become so much more than I was. He made me beautiful. He's always with me, even when I've felt the most alone. He's teaching me to be kind (I'm slow in this subject.). He's teaching me to rely on Him constantly. When I do, I can do everything He calls me to do. (John 15:5, Philippians 4:13)

God (re)created me with a deep passion to share what He's taught me. That passion wasn't enough for me to take this risk. I need His strength to share my heart with women who might not like me or my writing. Regardless, I have hope that something good will come of this blogging endeavour. 

Not that we are adequate in ourselves to consider anything as coming from ourselves, but our adequacy is from God… 2 Cor. 3:5, NASB 

What about you, sister? Are feelings of inadequacy paralyzing you from taking risks?  

Father, I'm so eager to see how You'll bless us on our journey together. Help us learn that You are safer to be with than any person, for You love us more than our closest friend. Give us courage to believe Your Word. Cause us to be mindful of the inadequacy we have and even more aware of the competency we have in You. Help us believe that You've made us beautiful, full of value, and that You will finish what You've begun in our faith. Show us the risks You want us to take this week, and what we need to set aside for You to handle. In Jesus' name…

No comments :

Post a Comment