Do you remember what He has done?

Ps 107:43 keeps coming to mind, often when I’m struggling with Abba’s seemingly slow answer to my prayers.  You can read it here, in 4 translations.  That’s just like my Abba. He reminds me of hard truths when I feel weak and unable to do anything about a situation. It used to frustrate me. Ok, so it still often does. 

I’m starting to gradually learn that He does this in kindness. He extends His strong arms toward me, looking into my soul’s eyes with tender kindness. He offers me a yoke that is easier, a burden that’s light. He asks me to trust Him to carry my burdens, which I wasn’t shouldering well to begin with. He beckons me to focus on HIM instead of whatever burdens me. He longs for me to turn my eyes, my heart, and my mind solely toward Him. He reminds me that He alone

Is the way, the truth, and the life…

He brought me into an intimate relationship with Abba through Jesus, and He will lead me to the land of Fully Living (where nothing can touch my joy or peace). He teaches me what it means to abide – rest, trust – so that He can do the lasting work of creating fruit and answering prayers (as only He can).

He reminds me of what He’s done for me individually, and what He has already done for those I care about. 

He teaches me to remember… and rest in His ability.

Abba God, thank You for Jesus and the gentle teaching He offers through the Holy Spirit. Thank You for the imagery in Scripture which helps me to understand truth. I’m so glad You are patient and kind toward me. Help me to remember what You have done throughout history, from creation until now, and to remember that You are still at work. You are faithful and hear my prayers. Thank You so much for being with me, for going ahead of me, for surrounding me with great care and kindness.  Give me courage today to believe that You will never stop fighting or being faithful. Give me courage to pray for the lost, that they will have this understanding, too. Lastly, I ask that You give me courage to keep praying for what you lay on my heart. In Jesus’ name…

No comments :

Post a Comment