3 items God knows we need for spiritual growth (part 3)

We're looking at 3 items common to all Jesus followers – no matter what our circumstances, background, or age. From mountaintops to beaches to slums, there are (at least) three items necessary for our survival and maturity in Christ Jesus. Beauty and encouragement are pleasant. Today’s item isn’t guaranteed to be pleasant, and it isn't always appreciated, but it is crucial.

3. Adventure – like it or not  –  also waits around the corner. Adventures vary in enjoyment and hardship, but always offer us invaluable life lessons in hindsight. To the believer, adventure is a valuable tool in the hands of The Mighty God.
adventure
can turn our gaze 
to the One who is holy, pure, and kind

Adventure always brings me to a place of awe. How incredible His love is for me – and you! He knows that these adventures (both the “good” and the “bad”) are tools used to reveal Himself to and through us. Wow.

Abba God, thank You for adventure - even when it scares me. Give me faith to believe that You have hemmed me in on all sides, that all adventures are useful to You in making me more like Jesus, and that always have kind intentions toward me. I do want to learn to count it all joy when I face troubles, but I'm still not grasping how that can happen. You do, and I'm trusting You to finish what You've starting in me. May my life be a pleasing sacrifice to You. In Jesus’ name and for your glory...

Finally, brethren, whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is of good repute, if there is any excellence and if anything worthy of praise, dwell on these things. The things you have learned and received and heard and seen in me, practice these things, and the God of peace will be with you. Philippians 4:8-9, NASB

No comments :

Post a Comment