My head feels like a blender!

So many thoughts are swirling around, intertwining themselves among each other. That's common for me, but the speed is crazy. Turbo mode even! 

At least today, the thoughts are all swirling around truth. I'm trying so hard to stand on truth, using simple logic to talk myself into believing (if nothing else, it'll keep me from going insane, right?). 

If Abba was pleased to crush Jesus (Isaiah), knowing the outcome... As the Master Gardener, it surely pleases Him to prune me because He is focused on the resulting fruit and making me mature in Christ Jesus so I can share in his holiness (John 15, Hebrews 12:11).  He's made me with that view in mind, and He always finishes what He starts. He is the author and finisher of my faith. (Hebrews 12:2) HE IS, not me. 

Abba, it's hard for me to believe that you can create this attitude in me... to humbly accept each trial, being always obedient. Thank you for continuing to work in me to will and to act according to your good purpose. Give me faith to believe that YOU WILL FINISH this work, and that YOU CAN CHANGE ME. If you can purchase me with Jesus' blood, give me the right to eternal life with you through the resurrection power, surely you can transform me in spite of myself. I want so much to be obedient. Help me in my unbelief. In Jesus' name...

Philippians 2:5-13, NASB, Amplified, Message

Hebrews 12:11, NASB;AMP;MSG

Thanks, Mom (and a few faithful Sunday School teachers), for teaching me that the Bible is God's inspired word, wholly true. That truth keeps me in the fight when I want to quit. 

No comments :

Post a Comment