But, I’m not feeling thankful...


First: There is now no condemnation, so you can shake that off.  Romans 8:1, NASB, Message
We all have our periods of un-thankfulness. Emotions can't be helped, BUT you can choose your next step. 
Next step: reread some past posts and find one point to be thankful for. No excuses! Use it as a tool to springboard our way into praising our Father. We all need reminders, and that’s ok. 
Since we're called to pray without ceasing, in good and bad, with our minds steadfast on our Lord, let's pray together now. 
Father, sometimes we don't feel like being thankful. Circumstances are yucky, people are frustrating, and I just want to be grumpy. I choose to turn to you for help. Help me repent when it seems so hard. I know I ought to praise you through the good and the bad, for without you I was lost, without mercy and hope. Help me to turn my focus on what is true, good, noble, and right. Consume me with your love. Cast out all fear. Give me courage. Thank you for your forgiveness and mercy. You are good to me. You love me when I feel so unlovable. I thank you, because You are... (fill in one trait of God)  I thank you, because You have... (fill in one thing He did/does for you). In Jesus' name. 

No comments :

Post a Comment