Pursue Love! (1)

Abba God, I don't really want to write this next series. I don't feel prepared. I don't have a plan I'm comfortable with. I don't feel like I have anything much to offer, but THAT'S OK. You love me as I am. Where I am. Somehow You take all my falls, scrapes, and messes and - joyfully - make something really beautiful from them. Just like the widow's mite, You can take our little gifts - all we have to offer back to You - and do something bigger than we can imagine with them. You are the only source of good, and I'm so thankful that YOU can work all things together for the good of those who love You and are called according to your purpose. May You be glorified. May your peace and grace be strong in our hearts.  Thanks for your peace.  

A few themes have been popping up:
  • God is faithful - always. We trust; He finishes what He started.
  • Hope. Not only for eternal life, but for abundant life while waiting to go Home.
  • Love. We, the church, need to LOVE (not condemn OR grumble). 
One particular email struck me with a sense of urgency this morning. The message?
 
Love.
 
“Let this be the year that we pursue love... that we stop talking about love, that we do less regretful moaning... and actually be determined to love more the way Jesus loved (John 15:12). Let this be the year we actually put into place some strategies to help us love..."

"But let’s also be clear: making love our aim will demand more courage and faith than any other resolution we can make. Nothing exposes the depth of our sin like really seeking to love God with our entire being and loving our neighbors as ourselves (Luke 10:27)."  

Oh, Abba, please enable us and strengthen our resolve to love... because of the grace and mercy which You've so freely given us. Free those who are believers yet seem "stuck" in the sins of complaints, grumbling, and pointing fingers. Abba help us all to live an abundant life with grace that overflows to those around them.  May those who don't know You see that we are Christians because of how well we love. In Jesus' name...

No comments :

Post a Comment