Identifying with a murderer, part 2


Anger
  •          caused Moses to kill a man.
  •          caused Moses to disobey God. He struck a rock twice instead of speaking to it. (Numbers 20)

There are many strong warnings about anger throughout God’s Word. In Ephesians 4:26-27, we’re taught that staying angry gives the devil a foothold. James has strong warnings about the tongue, and Proverbs is clear that anger than destroy a family.

Anger shows a lack of faith in God and a desire to control circumstances or people. It can result from frustration (repeatedly facing obstacles to a goal), or hurt. 

Abba, give me wisdom to see why I’m angry when it happens. Convict me to turn away quickly from anger. Give me faith and courage to trust YOU in all situations. Enable me to show love when I’m treated wrongly.  In Jesus’ name…  

(There is a righteous anger, when injustice occurs to others. That's for another post someday... )

No comments :

Post a Comment