The One Step (part 2)


To finish thoughts on yesterday's post...

There are days when I just don't know how to abide in Jesus. I'm swimming in my circumstances, my feelings, my (fill in the blank). I'm a sinking Peter in that storm with waves so high I can't see my Savior's hand. Hard wind spray salty water in my face, my eyes sting and I can barely cry "Save me!" for all the water I'm drinking.  

Fixing my hope on Jesus is not always such an easy thing to do. 

Want to know the last time I felt lost, unable to find my way back to abiding? Sunday. Yep. Just this week. 

I knew that peace was so close, that drawing near to my Abba would bring him close, and that I only had to fix my eyes on Jesus... but how to do that??? 

Even in the struggle of finding my way back to my Prince, I knew that 
  practicing 
    the act of 
      turning my gaze, 
        fixing my hope on Jesus
          is the only way to improve. 

Whining, complaining, fearing, (etc) won't get me to the place of abiding. 

All I have to do is turn my eyes to draw near to Abba will. If I can't seem to move my eyes, I can ask Him to help me. He is faithful! I don't even have to do a triple twist ending in a somersault! Abba calls us to take the first step of giving our attention to Him. 

Abba, thank you for teaching me this simple step. Sometimes I get so wrapped up in my feelings or a problem I'm trying to solve. I'm so glad that you're quick to tap me when I step off the path you have for me, and that all it takes for me to get back on track is to just look at you. I ask that you administer your amazing mercy and grace to those who are afraid to hope anymore. Encourage and strengthen them in Christ, that they would be able to hope and fully trust in you alone. Help us all to turn our eyes on Jesus. I am looking forward to seeing Jesus face to face. Until then, help us all to practice each day. There really is no condemnation! I love you so much. In Jesus' name.. 


No comments :

Post a Comment