What causes you to lose heart?

This might sound lame, but mornings cause me to lose heart. Mornings are my arch nemesis. When I wake up, courage hides until I spend time with my Father. (If you think I'm being melodramatic, well, you're probably right. Still. I don't like mornings. Maybe someday. )

This morning, I found courage hiding in 2 Corinthians 10:3-5. The dynamic truths read there reminded me of a very exciting moment in history.
The Arameans (Syrians or Chaldeans for those who care) were trying to conquer Israel, but they had a big problem. Secret plans were repeatedly known by Israel before they were carried out. Believing Elisha to be the only barrier to success, they surrounded the city that Elisha was in, in order to kill him. It is recorded that Elisha told his fearful servant,
“Do not fear, for those who are with us are more than those who are with them.” 2 Kings 6:8-23 (What happened next was incredible!)
Sounds similar to what God says in Romans 8:30-34.
“What then shall we say to these things? If God is for us, who is against us?”
Wow. I’m letting that truth sink in today… God is for me! Nothing (and no one) can touch me (unless God knows it will be beneficial). Discouragement, you got nothin’ on this chickie today!
What causes you to lose heart? 
I encourage you to take a few minutes today to read the verses below. As you do, think about God’s character and working in your life. How does He prove His love? How does He show himself powerful? What do you choose to believe right now?
Today’s verses:


Father, I'm so glad you are for me, and that you are my ever-present help. Thank you for reminding me that there is so much more happening in the spiritual realm than I see. I choose to believe that you are more than what I face today. I choose to believe that I can trust you. Convict me when I give  power to the circumstances I face, instead of focusing on your power. I love you. In Jesus' name...

I’d like to hear your comments! Please share 1 struggle you face and 1 truth you are choose to believe today. I’m joining you in prayer, believing that God who is faithful will help us all become stronger Warrior Princesses!



No comments :

Post a Comment