Joy is forever. A Shepherd's Joy series (4)

We all have days when joy seems miles away and unobtainable, especially when we find ourselves in the shadow of insurmountable giants. 

David knew all about giants. In fact, he was still a shepherd boy when he took on Goliath. Seems fitting to include him in "A Shepherd's Joy" series. 

Since he found himself in many more terrifying situations than most of us will ever face, I'm thinking we should pay attention when he writes about joy. 

Here's what he declared his source of joy to be in the midst of great turmoil:

O send out Your light and Your truth, let them lead me;
Let them bring me to Your holy hill
And to Your dwelling places.
Then I will go to the altar of God,
to God my exceeding joy;
And upon the lyre I shall praise You, O God, my God.

Why are you in despair, O my soul?
And why are you disturbed within me?
Hope in God, for I shall again praise Him,
The help of my countenance and my God.

Joy isn't man-made. 

It's found in our God. Since HE is able to do more than we can imagine or ask, there is always hope for JOY even in the most discouraging of days, because GOD IS WITH US!

Abba God, thank You for giving hope for JOY in every day, and  for David's story. Remind me when I feel anything other than joy that YOU are my exceeding joy; that drawing near to YOU is the answer in all circumstances. Give me courage to cry out something like David did:
Show me the way to You, Abba,
for You are my exceeding joy and
I will praise You!
Come on, girl! Why are you so down?
Hope in God, for He will make me smile again. He is my God!
In Jesus' name...
 

No comments :

Post a Comment