I find hope... in David's story (part 2)

I find hope in the Bible when I ponder and dwell on

the brutally transparent struggles David faced and described in the Psalms.

Here are 2 keys shared in David's psalms, received through his trials and troubles.

Humility: Nothing good was in David, apart from God. (Ps 16:2) Same is true of me.

Brokenness: David wrote a lot about his brokenness. He was misunderstood, betrayed, and endured much unfairness. Those trials taught him that God’s close to the broken. (Ps 34:18)

Now, I don’t often think of trials as gifts. However, God offers us these same 2 keys to His heart through each struggle we face. Hmmm... that's something to consider. 

Abba God, I’m not so thankful for the struggles, but I’m grateful for the gifts which lead me closer to You. Thank You for loving me enough to lead me through the struggles and bring good out of each one. Thank You for helping me endure. You’re so good to me. In Jesus’ name… 

No comments :

Post a Comment