Royal priesthood

There is so much meat all wrapped up in these 2 words. However, I was strongly led to keep it very simple. Good thing. Formatting was trouble. ha! Wonder if Paul had ink trouble when he wrote all those church letters? 

Let’s worship Him and lay down hindrances so we can focus on what our Father would teach us today.
Abba, you are so good…. Thank you…. You are holy. You are worthy – worth my time.
 I confess: I settle for so much less than your best. I’m sorry. Please forgive me. I don't want to settle. I want more of YOU. Father, speak clearly to me. Open my heart to receive from You. 

“But you are A CHOSEN RACE, A royal PRIESTHOOD, A HOLY NATION, A PEOPLE FOR God’s OWN POSSESSION,
so that you may proclaim the excellencies of Him
who has called you out of darkness into His marvelous light;
for you once were NOT A PEOPLE, but now you are THE PEOPLE OF GOD;
you had NOT RECEIVED MERCY, but now you have RECEIVED MERCY.”
--1 Peter 2:9-10, NASB, NLT, and The Message
Royal: Great honor. High position. Place of influence. With privilege comes responsibility.

Priesthood: Holy. Pure. Offer sacrifices. Worship. Be ready. Declare God’s character. Teach truth.

Teach us, Father…  
Abba, teach me what it means to be a royal priesthood. Give me a clear picture of what my life should look like. Convict me. Counsel me. Direct my steps. Thank you for loving me so fully and for being faithful to me always. In Jesus’ name…

No comments :

Post a Comment