3 items God knows we need for spiritual growth (part 2)


I’m sharing 3 items common to all Jesus followers – no matter what our circumstances, background, or age. From mountaintops to beaches to slums, there are (at least) three items necessary for our survival and maturity in Christ Jesus. The first one mentioned was beauty. Let’s see what’s next on the list.

2. Encouragement also waits around the corner. I’m so grateful that our Abba is the God of encouragement and that His eyes are on us. In His utmost wisdom and kindness, He shares the perfect timely word (or silence) we need, when we need it. He may speak through nature, a song, His Word, or a person. Oh, and in case you’re wondering, my encouragement to persevere came from a complete stranger in a fast food restaurant, of all places. 
encouragement
can turn our gaze 
to the One who is holy, pure, and kind

Encouragement from my Abba always brings me back to a place of humble wonderment. How incredible His love must be for me – and you! He shows kindness to the undeserving. He lifts us up, gives us firm footing, and delivers us from evil.

Abba God, thank You for encouragement - even when it seems to take too long. Give me faith to believe You always are on time with the best and most timely word and that You give me the strength I need. Remind me focus on truth, what is right, pure and worth of praise. Give me a heart which seeks to praise You continually, remembering what You have done for me. May my life be a pleasing sacrifice to You. In Jesus’ name and for your glory...

Finally, brethren, whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is of good repute, if there is any excellence and if anything worthy of praise, dwell on these things. The things you have learned and received and heard and seen in me, practice these things, and the God of peace will be with you. Philippians 4:8-9, NASB

No comments :

Post a Comment