I struggle to let go...

I really like that illusion that I have control over my circumstances.  

I want to fully trust God, because I know He knows what is best. I would love to be that gal who always takes a leap of faith, fully abandoning myself (without a fight) to the One who made me, loves me, and delights in me! 

But... (You knew that was coming, didn't you?)

There's a piece of me that screams, "You can't do that! Don't you know what that would mean? You might be giving up opportunities, limiting your options."

Yet, each time I try to keep all my options open, I miss out on God's best. Maybe it's because I'm so focused on what I might miss. Maybe. Regardless, when I obey Him and do the good works He planned for me to do, God takes care of all the details that I can't do anything about. When I'm where He wants me to be, He makes sure I take the right opportunities and protects me from the wrong opportunities.

Father, it's me again. Thank you for teaching me that you really do love me and want what's best for me. I want to do what you tell me to do. What do you want me to focus on today? Give me the strength and courage to abandon anything that's not your best! 

How about you? Do you struggle to "let go and let God?" 
Let's focus on these verses together today: 1 Peter 5:7Ephesians 2:10.

No comments :

Post a Comment