1 John prayers (3:1-3)

See how great a love the Father has bestowed on us, 
that we would be called children of God; 
and such we are.

Abba, I’d really like to be so excited about your love that I’d wake up as eagerly as a child on Christmas morning.

For this reason the world does not know us, 
because it did not know Him. 

Thank you for reminding me that it’s ok that I feel unwelcome in this world. It’s good I feel that way, because I am a citizen of another place. The world’s residents are incapable of understanding. Give me compassion to the lost around me and opportunities to testify to your love for them.


Beloved, now we are children of God, and it has not appeared as yet what we will be. 
We know that when He appears, we will be like Him, 
because we will see Him just as He is. 

How blessed I am! Abba, how amazing is your love for me! To have your promises – to see Jesus face to face AND to see Him fully AND to be like Him. Your kindness is beyond what I can imagine.

And everyone who has this hope fixed on Him 
purifies himself, just as He is pure.

Oh, Abba God, thank you that all I have to do to be purified (as your child) is to simply fix my hope on Jesus - that HE MAKES ME PURE. Thank you for continually teaching me that my righteousness, all that is good within me, eternal life – it’s all by faith and hope in Jesus. I’m so thankful that I can’t earn your love – and I don’t have to try, because you delight in me. That knowledge makes me want to please you more! Truly, perfect love does cast our fear. THANK YOU. HALLELUJAH! I’m forever yours, in Jesus’ name…

Scripture from 1 John 3:1-3, NASB

No comments :

Post a Comment